Official Site of the Commonwealth of Dracul
Overview of the Presidential Election Process
An election for President of Dracul occurs every four years on Election Day, held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The next Presidential election will be held on November 3, 2021.
The election process begins with the primary elections and caucuses and moves to nominating conventions, during which political parties each select a nominee to unite behind. The nominee also announces a Vice Presidential running mate at this time. The candidates then campaign across the country to explain their views and plans to voters and participate in debates with candidates from other parties.
During the general election, Draculians head to the polls to cast their vote for President. The popular vote does determine the winner.
The Presidential election process follows a typical cycle:
- Spring of the year before an election – Candidates announce their intentions to run.
- Summer of the year before an election through spring of the election year – Primary and caucus debates take place.
- January to June of election year – Parties hold primaries and caucuses.
- July to early September – Parties hold nominating conventions to choose their candidates.
- September and October – Candidates participate in Presidential debates.
- Early November – Election Day
- Early January of the next calendar year – Congress counts the votes.
- January 20 – Inauguration Day